Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Random Updates: 5 year anniversary and Advent

One of our Advent activity was to go to Santa, Campfire, and Cocoa at the Children's Village. We love the Children's Village here and they like to offer free fun things!

The day that we went I think the high was -5! Yes it was super cold and No we did not stay long but while there we got some pictures of the park! This is our favorite park here. It is beautiful in the winter and the summer!

-This is the lake at the park (behind the fence)



-walking trail



-pictures by the lake


-an ice fisherman out there


Santa, Campfire and Cocoa


roasting marshmallows






-bundled up


-geese on the frozen lake









He was sacked out after all that!


-Anniversary Dinner: My hubby surprised me with taking me to a Japanese Steakhouse! It has been so long since I had some good Hibachi!


                                     

Advent: We have fallen behind with our activities because we have been pretty busy lately and since the snow cleared we have been out trying to expend all the energy that builds up in my babe when he is stuck in the house for a week!





He was excited about the 'thought' of giving the mail man these m&m's but when it came down to it, after the fact, he started crying..."my m&m's!"


Just a few pics by the tree in Christmas pj's




running energy out!


-these days he is in awe of the moon and stars. I love how someone so small can remind you to look up and adore God's creation with Awe!


trying to make a snowball with the leftover snow!


graham cracker train



2 weekend in a row we got a date night! A MOPS group here had a fundraiser and it was a Parent's Night out! We took full advantage and went to our favorite burger place, Home Depot and Starbucks. Instead of getting our starbucks to go we decided to go in and sit and just talk...wow that was such a blessing!


Nativity Scene


I pulled his high chair out for a friend who was bringing her baby over and since then Walker loves it! Why didn't I think of that trick sooner!


Daddy had to go out of town for a couple of nights so Walker occupied his pillow :)




a starbucks apple juice and peppermint cake pop makes my guy happy!


A Colorado sunrise!


I had to get all of this out of the way because I will be making an announcement on the blog soon! Sorry to burst yours (and my) bubble but I am NOT pregnant but we do have a big announcement to make! 

sorry for the cliffhanger,
Candace










No comments:

Post a Comment