Friday, March 28, 2014

Life Lately

Lately the weather here has been so crazy! One day it is a Winter Wonderland and then another day it is sunny and 60 degrees! 

Here are one of the snowy days...


then on a pretty day we usually go walking with friends...


Walker and Daddy "fix-in" stuff...Walker loves tools!


Me and my friend Lindsey ran a 5K on St. Paddy's day weekend. I beat my time. I'm still slow!


Kensie and Walker enjoying the race from their warm strollers!


after the race we walked to downtown Fort Collins for the parade but we stopped in a little coffee shop to warm up and get a snack and some hot chocolate...


After the parade we ate at Red Robin (a first for us) and then headed home. A certain little boy was pooped!


Walker loves to go to the "fix it" store with Daddy!


We got us a Jogging Stroller! Whoop!


then there are these days! Where it's beautiful and not real windy. We take full advantage of the park down the road!






then last weekend this happened. I rode in a tow truck with my car on the back. 




Here is the story:
We were headed to town to run some errands. It was cold and snowy outside. We still get out in the snow because the roads are ok to drive on as long as you drive cautiously and slowly and assume that everyone else will do the same. 
W originally said that we could just drop him off at the gym and we could run the errands and then pick him up. But, time is getting closer for him to leave so then he said "no, let's just make today a family day" these were the last words spoken before we saw a silver mini van dash out in front of us. W slammed on the breaks which is not possible in those weather conditions. The brakes locked and we began to slide. He layed on the horn and I just remember grabbing the door and the back of the middle console hoping in some effort to protect my baby from what I knew was about to be a collision because we couldn't stop. We hit her, we bounced off and then we hit her again. I'm not sure if I was pulling against the seat belt that pinned me to the car seat or what but my chest was hurting in soreness from the seat belt. We pulled to the side and I smelled something burning so I immediately jerked Walker out of his carseat. It was pouring snow. We checked each other out. My friend lives about 4 houses down from where we wrecked so I walked Walker to her house to get him out of the snow. I was so calm and collected until I told her, she took Walker from me and then I just broke to pieces in her hug. It was so scary and all my emotion came out. We then waited and waited for the police, the reports and then the tow truck to come. We barely made it to the rental car place before they closed. But, we made it. We picked Walker up from our sweet friend's house, came home and ate lunch and collected ourselves and then went to get a new car seat. That night, I think we were all asleep by 9pm because we were utterly exhausted!



Sunday we decided to take advantage of the beautiful day and go up to Estes Park, CO. to get away for the day. So after church we went home and changed, ate lunch at Jimmy Johns and then headed into the mountains!

A little view of walking through the town in Estes Park. We also watched some Elk eat on the side of the road but those pics are on my other camera so I will have to post them later. 


Eating some ice-cream. They have a ton of flavors of ice-cream!



Me and my love and my best friend. Reality is setting in and I'm realizing the sacrifice that we are about to make this year.


As if our weekend was not dramatic enough when we got home from Estes Park, Walker was super whiney. He kept acting like he needed to throw up and he finally did. He didn't stop until midnight :( My poor baby!



This week has been crazy but we are making it through by God's grace! 

and look at this...We found boiled peanuts in Wal-mart. In Wyoming. That's just unheard of. I was so excited that I bought 4 cans! They aren't as good as the farmer who sells them on the side of the road in Mississippi but they will do for now!


My verse for the week! I could write a whole other post of this...


a promise God gave me today...I LOVE it!


I went to the Dr. this morning for something that has been worrying me for 2 months now and just adding to all the pressure I have been feeling but I am pleased to say that it turned out to be NOTHING! Praise God! Walker and I took a selfie to show our excitement! 


So there you have it! Our life lately! Happy Friday, Y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment