Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Grace...that's it

Grace.

This word has literally weaved it's way through my heart and I'm continuing to be sanctified by learning more and more and getting a hold on what it really means. The past year it has had such a tight hold on my heart. Through our journey of relocating and just holding on tightly to our God that we cannot see or knew where in the world (literally) that He was taking us; I began to learn to rest in His grace and just breathe it in. I have come to such a dependence that I claim in many prayers that I need His grace like I need the oxygen in my lungs.

This song came out last year during our time of really having our faith tested and the words in the song captivated me:

Every step, we are breathing in your Grace.
Evermore, we are breathing out your Praise.

Those words began to be the movement of my lungs. Breathe in: Grace. Breathe out: Praise.

If you notice the address to this blog is grace in our footsteps because that is real life for us.

Friday night was a really tough night. Walker hasn't been sleeping well. We are thinking that he is having the typical 2 1/2 year old "night terrors." Friday night he woke up at midnight and would NOT go back to sleep. I had a ticket to the Beth Moore Simulcast Saturday morning. It started at 9 and would not end until about 4:30 pm. At 2 am...Walker still awake...my husband gets called in to work so I would not be able to go to sleep until: 1. I got Walker to sleep or 2. He got home from work. Walker still wouldn't go to sleep and W got home at 4:30 am which is when I finally went to bed and my alarm was set for 7am. I woke up at 7am to an exhausted husband and child and our basement was flooded. In the madness we still knew that I needed to make this simulcast even though I would literally fight through exhaustion and anxiety and a pure t-total mess in our basement! On the way, I prayed "Thank you God that by your Grace I am going to make this simulcast." And what do you know, Beth Moore was full of words and wisdom and scripture to share on that 5 letter word. You must read what she shared on her Blog today that basically sums up her whole simulcast.

Just a few words of wisdom from Saturday:

-my big question: What is this Grace that I am supposed to be standing in? (Rom. 5:1-2)

-grace needs a reaction which should be rejoicing.

-not under law (think of a doorway) but under grace. The doormats to the doorways are: Law's doormat is shame and Grace's doormat is the Name. If you feel shame you are standing in the Law.

-neither happy or hard is a plumb line for the will of God.

-We can NEVER disappoint God. It never says that we do in the Bible. We can displease Him but only by not having faith.

-Called to obedience of Faith

-The law is consumed with behavior; Grace is consumed with beholding.

-Whatever we add to Grace, we subtract from God.

-the law says we can Never get up and Grace says we can Always get up!

-trade your "no longer worthy" for "im no longer the same"

-Grace doesn't increase like sin does; it abounds

And my last 2 favorites of the whole day:

"There is no door so dark or scandalous that Jesus Christ won't come through to be ONE person's exit. You can't get Him dirty."

"We will see the face of Grace and we will need Grace to bear the beauty of it."

I had a great day and I'm so glad that I fought my way through the rain and stormy weather and just pure exhaustion to get there. There was a moment that I could not even close my eyes to pray because I would feel like I was going to just fall asleep if I did!

I'm picking up my purse, cell phone and keys (as Beth said) and I'm going to the doorway of grace with my Relationships, my parenting, and every aspect of my life. God help me!

Love,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment