Mother's Day Weekend:
My Mama flew in that Friday early in the morning so we had Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday with her!
We stopped and ate at Cracker Barrel for breakfast and then did some shopping in Fort Collins:
Mother's Day gifts from my Mama:
(quilt from Cracker Barrel)
Walker of course got him some new cars:
the next day we went to the Children's Village to play:
then the train museum...
then the train depot to have lunch. We had to request a spot by the window so Walker could keep his eyes on the trains!
coloring with Nee-Nee:
then we showed Nee-Nee our library and got a drink from Starbucks:
Nee Nee had to go back home on Monday. We enjoyed our weekend with her even though it came a huge snow storm! She will be back in about 2 weeks and we can't wait!
The next day, Walker and I went to get our new car that we had been waiting on for 3 weeks (it was being transferred from Tennessee) By the way, we highly recommend Carmax! We had a great experience with them and since I had to do everything by myself with my imaginary husband (in the military this is also known as a Power of Attorney!) they made it so easy for me! They have a neat little play area for kids that kept Walker entertained while I did all the paperwork.
It was bitter sweet trading in this Car. My daddy helped me to buy this car brand new to build my credit and give me a dependable car for the long haul. I'm so thankful for his wisdom in that decision because I drove this car for 190,000 miles! No kidding! I got this car just before I started my 3rd year of college (Radiology School) in 2005. I also highly recommend a Honda...this was my 2nd Accord and even though it had so many miles, I had ZERO problems with it!
So we traded it for a Honda CRV-EX L. Black with Black leather interior! A 2013 with 8200 miles. It has the DVD with headphones in the backseat and the space that we need to haul our stuff! We are so grateful that we were able to get this!
then I received these flowers from my hubby!
Walker and I taking a selfie!
Lots of playing outside because the weather has been great!
We did a 5K the next weekend and in mile 1 Daddy called for the first time! We were so excited!
then the next week we received our first letters from him. He even wrote Walker his very own letter!
Memorial Day Weekend:
We went to a BBQ at our friend's house. It was so enjoyable! We had hotdogs, hamburgers, lots of snacks and s'mores!
Happy Memorial Day to our Daddy (NAVY-SGT), Uncle Jeff (ARMY-AIRBORNE), Grandaddy (ARMY-AIRBORNE) and Paw-Paw (AIR FORCE).
thankful for the men who died and gave this right to me!
Happy Memorial Day and Military Appreciation Month!
We gladly welcome June,
Candace and Walker















No comments:
Post a Comment