Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Here Comes The Next Step


What I have learned lately is this life is made up of a bunch of "next steps."

A couple of weeks ago we found out that my husband's schooling is going to last alot longer than we originally thought...like a year longer. Also, we found out that the military will not be moving us to be with him until next Summer (but we should all take that info like a grain of salt). It could change and probably will. However, we commited to this. We chose to obey God's call and therefore, when it gets hard and unpredictable we will make the best of it! After alot of thought and prayer and literally just God directing our hearts to the next step we feel like it is: For Walker and I to go HOME. Lately I have heard this echoing in my mind "There was a time to leave and Now, it is time to go home." Of course not forever but for the next at least 10 months or whenever the military decides to move Walker and I to our next station.

A time to leave:

We knew that God was clearly calling us out of MS. We werent sure how long or why but the call was clear. God clearly put us here in Cheyenne, WY as he miraculously provided a job at the hospital for my husband. We felt so much peace as we moved here. This year and 8 months that we have lived here have not been the easiest. Snow, my husband's crazy work hours, different culture, crazy roads, and enlisting in the Navy but with all that God truly blessed us with some of the most Amazing people. They opened there arms to us and have been such a blessing in times that we needed them most. They are the reason that make this decision hard.


A time to go HOME:

Now we feel the same peace. We know it's time. God is clearly wanting us to go be with family during this time. He is our confidence in this. And honestly, I am beside myself. I am so excited and ready to be back home in a familiar place. I'm so excited to go home after I have been away and grown and changed and realized the important things in life. Realized that Walker needs time with his grandparents...now more than ever! Time is precious. He has one great grandparent and my heart is burdened for him to know her and spend time with her while God still gives us life in our body. I'm burdened for his grandfather's to take up time with him while his Dad is away in training. I'm burdened for him to know where he comes from and his family as a whole. This simple things...riding the lawnmower with his grandparents, fishing with my Daddy, playing in the dirt in the country, eating homemade ice cream and fresh fried catfish and running and sweating and getting dirty. Riding the 4 wheeler and swimming and playing with his Aunts, Uncles and cousins. I'm burdened to be home and spend some sweet quality time with each person who has my blood and W and Walker's blood running through their veins. To be with friends. My best friend that I have had since I was 14. The places that life has taken us yet when we talk, we pick up where we left off. For Walker to play with her children is so special to me. And the friends that didn't yet have a firm foundation but then I had to leave. I can't wait to get back and pick up where I left off with them! It's time...time to go Home!

                                       

With love to the friends that we are saying Goodbye to and the ones that we are coming home to, 

Candace and Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment