Monday, September 22, 2014

How We Are Doing...

So many people have asked us lately "How we are doing?" Most of the time I just quickly answer "we are doing good (with a big ole quick smile) as I turn to keep up with my quick little 3 year old or peope have text me and my phone doesn't pick up good in the country so it either takes me forever to text back or my text is short and sweet. So I felt like I needed a blog post about How we are REALLY doing.

Well in my short little 4 months of being a military spouse I have...

-bought a car by myself (with my imaginary husband aka my power of attorney) By the way, my husband was fully aware...this girl did not just wait until her husband left to go by a car...lol!

-I have flown by myself (roundtrip) with a 3 year old.

-I have stayed in numerous hotels by myself with a 3 year old.

-I have driven to 1900 miles by myself with a 3 year old.

-I have moved completely out of my house in Cheyenne with the help of a few strong, awesome friends!

-I have driven back home to MS (21 hours) with my mom and Walker.

-I have completely taken care of the budget, insurances, house issues, etc. by myself which for me is very challenging.

all in all I am just proud that we have survived the past 4 months. Not sure how. I just know that every night when I lay my head on the pillow I thank God for another day in the books! Another day closer to sleeping on the pillow next to my husband. Another day that He lavished Grace and Strength on me to get through both emotionally and physically. The days are not always pretty and somedays are really really ugly but we make it. We are making it. And I can honestly say that with God's help I'm really joyful and that's just a miracle.

Here are some pictures of our busy little life...

- On our way to see Daddy (Cheyenne, WY to Great Lakes, IL)


-Staying at our half way point


-Daddy!!!!




-making fun out of a hotel room


-Dinner beside Lake Michigan


-We came back from seeing Daddy and literally moved that same week.
-We did not plan on that happening so fast but it was just the perfect time I guess. 


-coloring the box for his toys


-our last Wyoming sunrise 


-final look at the storage room. 
-it aint pretty
-it barely fit
-and I sold the couch and recliner...lol!
-not pretty but it got done!


-finally home after 2 days of driving
-My mother in law has a guest house we are staying in...God bless her! (super thankful)





-playing with Daddy's old toys at Mamatine's house


-swinging


-playing at the park with Mamatine (Walker's great grandmother)



-playing with Grandaddy
-Grandaddy knows the way to Walker's heart: CARS


-playing in the dirt




-playing at Sweet P's work


-I introduced Walker to BOPS (my favorite ice cream)


-Dinner with the cousins


-Walker and Cash


-Hayden


-sad that we had to leave our Jeep in storage because it wouldn't fit in the car so Sweet P got him one :)


-Playing in the water at the mall with Blakely


-taking a ride with Blakely



-my drive home


-Going with Grandaddy and Grandma to see Daddy!



-list of states that Walker has been in. 
-We added Wisconsin to this!


-Chicago skyline


-late birthday celebration with Daddy



-Downtown Milwaukee



-so pretty


-Lake Michigan in Milwaukee, WI




-The Apple Holler was so neat.



-Bass Pro with Daddy!






-swinging with Daddy



-celebrated CC's birthday at Walker's...lol!


-serenity


-breakfast on the porch


-Nee Nee ordered Walker his favorite book.
-We checked it out from the library in Cheyenne and of course had to return it and Walker would talk about it every night so then it ended up in our mailbox :)


-I CANNOT make it through the last page (pictured below) without my voice cracking at least 3 times!
-We have to read it every night
-Walker can recite this whole page from memory


-rode by our old house


-Muscadine Jubilee


-unlimited bouncey houses!



-snuggles on the couch



-homemade ice cream


-loves playing soccer!



-First day of school (Mother's Morning Out). 
-It's 2 days a week for 4 hours.
-It's good for both of us!


-emptying the rain guage into the flower pot.
-one of his favorite things to do.


-looking for rocks!


-washing his jeep


-more snugglin!


-Tricycle pullin'




-My sanity during Mother's Morning Out:

*Running


*Bible Study by the Reservoir


So all in all we are doing well. We start the next step of this journey this week when my hubby goes to San Diego! Hopefully we will get some answers then about when they will move us to be with him. Please pray that it is sooner rather than later. 

Love y'all,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment