
ONE:
It's Memorial Day Weekend. And as of about an hour ago it has officially started for us! My hubs is all mine until Tuesday!! Well, you know I have to share him with a certain little boy but you know what I mean!
Our Theme for preschool this week has been "Patriotism." It is important for me to teach Walker how blessed he is to be born an American and that we should show that pride for our Country. That our family has been called to serve and sacrifice for our Country and we are to be proud of that calling and to do it faithfully and joyfully!
-We also are working on character trait of telling the truth.
TWO:
We had a park date with some friends from our church. Just a beautiful setting right next to the beach.
THREE:
Wednesday night was "Military Appreciation Night" at Chic-Fil-A! Daddy had to work but Walker and I were able to go with some friends and enjoy. They treated us to free food, free breakfast coupons, bouncey houses and raffles! Even one of the sweet volunteers gave Walker some ice cream for free!
-he loves that cow!
he loved riding on this train-
FOUR:
Today we stayed in our pajamas all morning and did some things to go along with our Patriotic Theme.
We made fizzing fireworks with baking soda, vinegar and food coloring.
I made some moon sand with flour and baby oil and he had a blast playing in it with his army men! (this was before they were all covered ha!)
FIVE:
Also, I'm loving this video. This song gives me chills everytime I hear it. I hope yall have a great Memorial Day Weekend and Remember that it's not just a long weekend...it's a time to remember the ones who gave all to the point of death. Also, don't forget the ones who came back different...with less limbs, blind, paralyzed, beaten, bruised, calloused and who struggle everyday with PTSD trying to make sense of what they have seen and done to keep us safe. Sleep in Peace tonight remembering the ones going to the front lines for you!
God be with the survivors and of the families of those awaiting a safe return of their own service member!
-Candace










No comments:
Post a Comment