Friday, June 12, 2015

5 on Friday


Happy Friday, y'all! I can tell you that we are floating on cloud 9 over here because Sweet P and Mamatine have arrived! Walker was so excited and wound up that he didn't fall asleep until 1am last night...yes, I did say, 1 o'clock in the morning! #superhumanchild Anyway, we are excited to spend time with family and have lots of fun in this super fun town! Stay tuned!

Here is what we have been up to this week:

ONE:

I snapped this sweet picture of Walker during our family "Bible time." oh he is just drawing him and Jesus he said. Melt.my.heart


TWO:

This happened on Monday. I started Piano lessons! Forever I have wanted to learn how to play the piano. I want one in my house. My little family loves music and I dream of days of sitting around a piano and just singing together. I also just like to learn new skills so when I found out that the community services department at a local college was offering these lessons for FREE, I had to take advantage of it!


THREE:

The traffic here is so hard to get used to for this small town girl. I'm not complaining about where we live but this is just one of the parts that I will not miss once our time here is up!


it reminds me of some lyrics to a new favorite country song:

"baby lets go, take a dirt rode, kick it back, find a good song on the radio until we get lost in a sunset fallin' lay a blanket by the creek where the moon peeps over that sycamore tree..."

you can watch the video right here:


FOUR:

We scored this bed from a military family that was moving. We already had a twin matress and we needed a bed just like this so we didn't have to by a frame and box springs. I love it for our guest bedroom/future children's room. Four drawers of storage underneath and also doors on either side of the bed for under bed storage...like toys for when guests come! I love it and am so thankful that we caught a good deal before family arrived!

(Also, that quilt is my favorite. W's stepmother made that for Walker for Christmas from the old scraps of fabric that she used to make jon jons for him when he was a baby! It's a treasure for sure!)


FIVE:

We found some really good BBQ here! It's hard being a Mississippi native and having taste buds that have been seasoned with Louisiana spices, cream of mushroom soups, sugar, salt and the best BBQ in the world all of your life and trying to satisfy them in far away places. But Phil's BBQ in this part of the country is fabulous and really satisfies our BBQ cravings!

(Also, Daddy dressed Walker. Don't you love it! Bless them two, if they have clothes on that's good enough for them!)


Have a Great Weekend!

Candace


No comments:

Post a Comment