Isaiah William Sessums
"The Lord called me from the womb; from the body of my mother He named me."
born on September 29, 2015
weighed 7 oz. and was 8 inches long
He was perfect. Every part of him was perfectly formed right down to his itty bitty fingernails. He looked just like Walker which makes my heart burst with both extreme joy and pain! His head was more of the shape of my husband's so he definately would have looked more like him.
He is my sweet baby that I can't wait to hold again one day!
Of course we knew that this day was almost inevitable aside from God stepping in and bringing complete healing on Earth. God did bring healing, just not here. Isaiah now has everything that he needs from the Life-Giver Himself. The very One that made his heart start beating!
We are doing ok. I have moments where my hand, just like a magnet, holds onto my belly just like when I was pregnant and I have to remind my body that he is not in there. I miss him so much. Carrying him. I truly believe that God let me carry him up until the very last second possible. My body went into labor on its own and when my Dr checked me at the hospital there was "no turning back" because my cervix was thin and dialating. The pathology report came back and my placenta was "raggedy" to say the least. All their findings were consistent with a Chronic Placental Abruption. Also, we found out that I had an infection in my placenta. Not much longer and we could have had many more problems!
My Dr. is hopeful that we will have more children and more than likely no issues like this. We have a 98% chance of this NOT happening again. Also, this only happens in about 1 of 200 pregnancies and my Dr. hasn't seen this in probably 10 years she said! So, yeah there's that!
So, breathe...that's what I'm doing everyday. One foot in front of the other. God did so much with Isaiah's life that I find myself smiling and crying at the same time. So many things that I can't even begin to list! Just for me personally, well I now have the HOPE of heaven not just in my head but in my heart! I'm so thankful that Jesus made that way so that not only can I spend eternity with Him but also with my baby boy!
Many have asked and wonder about Walker. Well, we are not trying to dump a bunch of information on him that he is just too little to process. We also want him to have peace and not any anxiety about the future. We have very vaguely told him pieces of things and then we just wait and let him process and then it doesn't take long before he is coming to us with questions. We answer his questions and encourage him about our hope of heaven if we believe and trust in Jesus and his eyes light up and we move on! We talk about "brother" every day! I feel so blessed that because of one child in heaven, I get an opportunity everyday to talk with my child (that is with me on earth) about the gospel: How Jesus came (what we celebrate at Christmas) and defeated death (Easter) and if we believe and trust in Him then we get to be with Him (and brother) forever! I love how excited he gets and who knows maybe Walker's baby brother will lead him to Jesus and be a huge part of Walker's salvation story.
And for me, well I can just repeat these words: "I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth."
3 John 1:4.
Well, one of my children walks with THE TRUTH Himself.
We love you, Isaiah, and Mommy will always miss you until the day that I see you again!
I love you, my perfect, heavenly child!
"For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother's womb.
I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works.
And my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When i was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
the days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.
How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand.
When I awake, I am still with You."
Psalm 139: 13-18
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you."
Jeremiah 1:5
P.S. Again, thank you everyone for all the prayers, gifts, words of encouragement, etc. We are so thankful for every act of kindness shown to our family during the absolute hardest time of our life.


No comments:
Post a Comment