In our lives lately...
We survived Hurricane Matthew! My hubby was gone the whole week that Matthew was making his way through Haiti, the Bahamas and Florida. We thought that they may stay out at sea while the hurricane came through our area. Then, the weather man (that poor man who got blamed...haha) said that it was going to "turn" before it made it to VA. Bless his heart, he is so human! So VA decided to take our guard down. I however was at the grocery store getting canned food and water because it was just Walker and I. I also lived through Katrina. When my daddy sent my step mom and I out for groceries and a generator the day before because "this is going to be a bad hurricane!" and we laughed all the way to the store about how he always "over dramatizes" the weather. But, come Monday at about noon when Katrina made her way up into Mississippi and uprooted hundred year old trees from our yard, we quickly realized that Daddy is right and it's always to your best interest to be prepared and so what if the sun shines the next day, it's dry as a bone and you have a pantry full of canned food and water...i'd say that it's better than the alternative! So long story short, I was prepared. And, praise the Lord, my hubby's ship came on in and he was home!
Saturday it rained all day until it flooded. Saturday night we lost power and we didn't get it back until the wee hours of Monday morning sometime. Our neighborhood didn't flood so we were good!
we got out that morning to find a 7-11 with power to get some coffee!
We surveyed the damage in our neighborhood which was not much compared to most of coastal VA.
played a little until i pictured this tree snapping and falling the rest of the way to the ground on top of my baby boy and then we had to go!
Church of course was cancelled so we played games, played outside and ate dinner at Cracker Barrel because they had power and we wanted a nice, warm, home-cooked meal.
We visited the Pumpkin Patch
I wanted to add this in here. I posted on facebook about the pumpkin patch being hard for me this year. I thought by this time, one year after having Isaiah, that I might be pregnant again but I'm not. So at the pumpkin patch, my little heart felt suffocated by pregnant bellies. Probably just because that's where my heart is right now (and Lord knows that I have prayed that He would take the desire away if it's not gonna happen...which He won't). I asked God "do you see me?" like I'm standing in line and He skipped over me as my husband and I both desire a house full of children. The next morning at church, the first words from the pastor's mouth were "God sees you and He is working in His own time-table even when we don't understand." He is so good. I was sharing that with my sweet friend. She knows my heart as well as my pain as she herself has also experienced baby loss. She told me about another friend that she had introduced to me that had a little baby and told me of that woman's journey of infertility until finally she had a baby. She reminded me that "you just never know" when you see that pregnant belly on those Mama's, we have no idea if they themselves have also walked the hard road of baby loss/infertility before because it happens to 1 in 3. So that's my new perspective. God isn't missing me. We all have a story. And when I become pregnant again because I'm sure that I will, there may also be someone's heart aching while peering at my belly (oh my heart) and they have no idea that I too have a bruised and scarred, yet mended, heart too as my baby boy is sitting in heaven. So we can always know that He sees us and He is working in His time. He is never early, never late but right on time. Due season.
Nee-Nee came for a visit Halloween Weekend. We visited the zoo while we waited to pick Daddy up from being underway.
We ate at Texas Roadhouse before heading to the Fall Festival at our church
Fall Festival Fun.
After the Festival, we took Nee-Nee to our Farmer's Market and to the beach (of course)
eating some breakfast at I-Hop!
She also helped us take some family pictures. Here are some sneak-peak's
8 years laughing. 2 little punkins. Multiple Homes. Coast to Coast carrying this man's love with me. And...a rainbow at the bottom of this picture...picture perfect.
We were sad to see Nee-Nee leave but we had so much fun with her!
Our church had a military appreciation dinner. It was so nice. They offered childcare, a sit down catered dinner and an army chaplain spoke to us. We are so thankful at how they value the military community and have a heart to make sure that our number one mission is growing in the Lord.
halloween night we did our annual handing out candy and THEN going trick-or-treating. This boy is such a giver and I love him so.
we had a fun time trick-or-treating but this little cat boy was worn out on the way home.
we also ran into geiko (another character from pj masks)
he's super silly too!
I'm so happy that it's finally fall. It's not quite as cool as I would like but it will do for now (minus tomorrow when it is supposed to be close to 80...sigh)
One night it actually got cool enough that I couldn't resist firing this baby up!
An update: I realized that I haven't said a word about our foster care process and that's because I don't have a word. No really, this process is moving very slowly which can be kind of frustrating because we know that their are some babies and toddlers who need some loving arms. But, bottom line, we are trusting the Lord with this process and praying for His children because ultimately they are His. At this time, our paperwork is on someone's desk awaiting approval and then after it leaves their desk it has to make it's way through about 2 more desks! So if you wonder about me not updating it's just because I don't have an updates :( Please pray that we will have a final approval soon.
We hope that yall had a great October also and...
Welcome November! Month of even cooler weather, turkeys and...christmas music!!!!
Love,
The Sessums








No comments:
Post a Comment