Well this week has just flown by!
My first week of being a 30 year old has been pretty fabulous!
We have been kinda boring this week so I don't think I have 5 things to talk about today. But here are a few-
ONE:
Walker and I went to the library Tuesday to play. Have I mentioned that we have like the most Awesome library here! Walker loves it and always has so much fun!
TWO:
We are getting everything ready to head home next Thursday! I'm kinda starting to get anxious about how it will go! It is going to be so much fun but also really busy--we have plans with someone every day! Don't worry I will be keeping the blog updated!
THREE:
I finally got a new camera that we have been saving for. For the past 10 months we have been putting back a little and for Valentine's Day, Mother's day and my birthday this year, my gift was money for the "camera fund." Today, I was able to go get it and God blessed me in the meantime.
I went to SAMS to get it because they had the best price. I decided on the Canon Rebel and actually W did all the research down to exactly how much cash I would need to purchase it with tax included...yeah he is awesome like that! We wanted the 18megapixel but we decided to just settle for the 12 since it was more reasonable and we wouldn't have to wait any longer (it was also $500 cheaper!). I had a few other things to get so I just went up to the display and grabbed the little piece of paper and the sales associate said that I could just get it when I payed for the rest of my stuff. So I got my stuff and went to the register. I had 2 different transaction...one for my groceries and one for the camera. The sales girl was new, I could tell. She gave the piece of paper to another girl that had keys to the cage to get the camera. She was struggling finding it but she finally came over and sat the camera by the register and said this is the one. The sales girl scanned it and she said "Wait, it is coming up as $1,000 of course I immediately said no, that's not the one I need. I asked to see the box and it said Canon Rebel and I never even thought to look at the megapixels. So the other girl who appeared to be a manager came to her register and said "oh, you just need to override it" and then she asked me "what was the price? 382?" and I was like "no, it is $549" and she said "oh, wow, you almost got me on that one!" To which I said, "I will gladly take it for $382!" Anyway, so she did her thing and I was out the door and on the way home with my new "baby" ha! I got it home and W immediately noticed that it said 18 megapixels to which he wondered "how much did you pay for this?" and I said $582.00 exactly what you gave me! He said "well they gave you the wrong one...i mean, this is the one I wanted to get you but it was just too much." Let me just tell you that I married a man of extremely high integrity...he called SAMS to inform them of their mistake. I have to say that my flesh was dying inside and screaming "it was their mistake...we can just keep it!" (just keeping it real) But, he looked me square in the eye and said "Candace, that is not right and it's dishonest!" Wow, that man knows how to get to the core of my ugliness! So needless to say, SAMS said that it was their mistake and for us to just keep it and they will investigate to see what happened. So long story short...well not really...that was long... but anyway, I got about a $500 discount on my camera! It is awesome so get ready for picture overload on the bloggity blog!
Love y'all!
Candace




No comments:
Post a Comment