I know because of the title of this post I will have many visitors! I started this blog just before we moved because I wanted our family and friends from "home" to be able to share in our life here and also for new friends to get to know our family and our story. Everyone has a story and this blog is W and I sharing ours.
As it gets close to Walker's 2nd birthday (wow I know!) I have just been thinking so much about our life ever since we found out I was pregnant with him. It totally brings me to my knees with thankfulness and humility. See, I don't get pregnant very easily (I won't give out all the personal details that you would be like "ok, too much info, Candace) but just to sum up my body doesn't like to be "normal" (best word i could think of). Matter of fact, My Doctor that delivered Walker said that it was a miracle that I got pregnant with him when I did because my body was at it's prime "abnormal" stage. So looking at Walker, I am humbled to be his Mom because God wanted him to be born when he was born for a very purpose because He overpowered my very body and formed him in my womb. Today, I sit here with the same problem. It's frustrating. Especially when I want more children. But after another negative pregnancy test I am overcome with thankfulness for Walker. That if only for once I was able to see that positive pregnancy test. If only for once to feel those first "flutters" inside my belly. If only for once to feel him roll, move, kick and hiccup (he did this allllll the time). If only for once to lay in the hospital bed and hear his heartbeat over the monitor and know that in a few short hours I would hold my sweet baby that I have felt for 9 months inside me. If only for once to hear that first cry and see that purple baby with the most beautiful blonde hair. If only for once to nurse him, to cuddle him, to watch him grow. To feel those two little hands grab my cheeks and pull himself into my face giving me "love."
I stood in his room a few nights ago swaying with him because he simply wanted his mama. He cuddled his little head into my neck and drifted off and I told God "I am so thankful for him, for this baby boy, for this gift and if you never give me another child I will still love YOU and I'm so thankful that if only for once I get to hold at least one of my very own." I have so much to be thankful for and my heart is full.
Walker's life lately:
-We had our first playdate in Wyoming yesterday. It was so much fun and we are so thankful that the Lord put this family in our path! Walker made himself at home...he is the biggest extravert and I'm not sure where he gets that from??
-Today he said banana and veggies (for veggie tales) for the first time and tried singing his ABC's...it was more like BBBBBB...he loves that letter!
-the other day he said "i see" and he also says...outside, belle (for annabelle our dog), eyes, dog (his favorite word)
-he sat on the potty for a long time the other day but he still is not very interested so I'm not forcing it yet.
-he could live off peanut butter and bananas...he loves them!
-he still has to have his paci and blanket to go to sleep and when he doesn't feel good. When dad gets on his regular schedule we are going to start weaning the paci to only naps and bedtime and then off for good. I probably would have taken it away before now but with the transition he has had we just decided to let him have his "comfort" a little longer.
-he has a mouth full of teeth and is now cutting his 2 year molars...so yeah, pray for us. He is not sleeping good and acting very moody.
-he loves M&M's...thank you Maley's Swim School! they bribed him with M&M's and ever since he loves them! but unfortunately for him we don't give them to him except for special occasions.
-he can put his shoes on by himself...who cares if they are on the wrong feet :)
-he loves tractors, trucks, and trains
-he still loves veggie tales although we have been watching some baby einstein as we have been working on our colors and words.
-I try to spend intentional time with him during the day; reading to him, counting, and pointing out colors and objects and waiting for the day when he will repeat them back to me. It seems he is still taking it all in and one day he is just going to explode with words!!
-he got a "Potty Time with Bear" DVD for Christmas and we like to cuddle on the couch and watch it. I'm just trying to introduce things like that to him so he gets familiar with all the words about pottying.
-he loves to go to our local library and play
-he can drink really well out of a regular cup
-he loves to dance...like REALLY loves to...when there is music playing he is dancing and/or clapping to it!
Well, that's all I can think of right now but as you can see he is a busy, sweet, smart and incredibly cute...i might add....little boy! Look for more posts about him as time leads up to his Birthday because I am overcome with thankfulness for his little life and that W and I were chosen to be his parents. Please pray that we will shepherd him right up to the heart of Christ as we tell him of what a Faithful God we serve and that God would draw him near and Walker would come to Him and Love Him and Live for Him. That is our prayer for our sweet boy.
John 17:3
"This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent."
-Jesus
No comments:
Post a Comment