Sunday, June 9, 2013

His Hand On Us


As you have probably figured out by now this Blog can be kinda random. One day it can be me just updating about the simple things in our life to me proclaiming how Awesome my God is! I ONLY post to my blog when I feel the Spirit directing me whether it is about my munchkin or a deeper word that God has given me. Today is no different. This post has been building in my heart for days now and NOW I feel like I might explode and days like today, when I have that explosive feeling, is when I post to this blog! So enjoy the truth that my heart is exploding to share...
The last 2 days I have been reading in Ezra. God has been speaking to my heart about His hand and the responsibility of my hands. Here is what I have been learning:
1. God's GOOD hand is on us when we seek His word, practice His word, and teach (tell others) His word. To me this all equals seeking Him and Loving Him in obedience to His word.
Ezra 7:9-10 "because the good hand of his God was upon him. For Ezra had set his heart to study the law of the Lord and to practice it, and to teach His statutes and ordinances in Israel."
and Ezra 8:22 "The hand of our God is favorably (upon ALL for Good) disposed to ALL those who seek Him..."
2. His hand strengthens us who have our hands on God's Word.
Ezra 7:14 "the law of your God which is in your hand."
and Ezra 7:25 "you, Ezra, according to the wisdom of your God which is in your hand..."- God's wisdom is in our hands when we have his word in our hands to practice it and teach it.
and Ezra 7:28 "Thus I was strengthened according to the hand of the Lord my God upon me..."
I looked up the word hand that is used in Ezra 7 and 8 because these are the 2 chapters specifically that I have been reading and he is spoke to me about His hand. The common word that I saw in the definition of God's hand and our hand was "power." When God's hand is on us and when we are seeking Him and His word then our hands have power to do His will which brings me to the last point that I have learned about God's hand...
3. God's GOOD hand should humble us to continue to seek Him for our protection because His hand over us delivers us from the hand of the enemy through our sin offering-Jesus!
Ezra 8:21 "Then I proclaimed a fast there at the river of Ahava, that we might humble ourselves before our God to seek from Him a safe journey for us, our little ones and all our possessions."
and Ezra 8:23 "So we fasted and sought God on this matter and He listened to our entreaty."
and Ezra 8:31 "and the hand of our God was over us, and He delivered us from the hand of the enemy and ambushes by the way."
You really should read the full chapters of Ezra 7-8 to see it all in context.
Today this post is for a sweet friend and sister in Christ of mine. She is on my heart constantly during the day. Our little boys are only a few months a part in age and they have just recently learned that he has Leukemia. I was blessed with the privilege to learn beside here as we studied Romans in Bible Study in MS. We all learned so much and I think that each one of us has so much of a foundation for our faith from learning in that Romans study.
I know that the past year I honestly could not have made it without
Romans 5:5 "and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us." and
Romans 11:29 "for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable." and
Romans 8:18 "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us." and
Romans 8:26 "In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should , but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words."
These word have been a lifeline for me over the past year! They have been my power to get through some of the darkest days of my life.  Now, my friend has also been given a word (a.k.a POWER) in Romans found in Romans 8:28 " And we know that God causes ALL things to work together for GOOD to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." As I thought about her the other day and was praying for her baby boy I was reminded of this song by Christy Nockels...Healing is in Your Hands.
I remember when I found out that Walker had a Single Umbilical Artery when I was pregnant I used to listen to this song everyday on the way to work and as I sat in that morning traffic I would just put my hand on my belly and just pray the words of this song over him and I would always get a picture in my mind of God's hand on him just weaving him together in my womb...perfectly! God had not made a mistake and his hand was all over Walker and in control of this situation and in case you haven't heard I gave birth to a 8lb. 8oz. baby boy that was supposed to be small because of the SUA. God was indeed glorified on the day of his birth!
I know that God's GOOD hand is on this family and this baby boy right now too. They are seeking Him to meet their every need and they Love Him. His word today reminds me that his hand is favorably( which my Bible says also means "upon ALL for GOOD" -you can imagine my excitement as I read this!) disposed to ALL those who seek Him!
So listen to this song and pray for my sweet friend's little boy and her family that are walking a hard road right now. Help me claim that HEALING IS IN HIS HANDS! I also love that she is claiming Romans 8:28 and while listening to this song today I was reminded of just a couple of verses down where Paul writes..."But in all these things we overwhelmingly CONQUER through Him who loved us." Romans 8:37.
-Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment