Well we have made it and I finally have time to write. It has been one crazy week!
Moving Day:
We were so blessed to have about 6 guys show up at 8am to help us load our furniture. By noon we had the truck loaded, the car on the trailer, the apartment inspected and key returned, and we were pulling out! We drove through Louisiana and stopped in LIttle Rock, AR to stay the night. Walker slept just about the whole drive.
On the Road...we planned our trip to drive most of the day Sunday and stop in Salina, KS. Walker again did great...he watched his veggie tales, ate snacks, and looked out the window most of the day. Surprisingly he only took about a 45 minute nap all day but I still did not hear a peep. We listened to Pinelake live on my phone and had church in the car! very thankful for technology! We drove through Arkansas and Oklahoma which was a beautiful drive! We made it to Salina, KS and stopped for the night. About 30 miles before we got there Walker started letting me know that he had been as good as he could be! This literally was the only time that he cried the whole drive and it was only for a few minutes! I had been praying that God would comfort him and help him with this whole transition and God truly has answered my prayers! The whole way I felt so peaceful. Even though we were driving into the unknown I felt like we were smack-dab in the middle of God's will for us.
Driving day two...We drove from Salina, KS to Loveland. This was the hardest day for us...for Walker it was just another day to indulge in Veggie Tales ha! We really never thought we would get out of Kansas and when we FINALLY crossed the Colorado state line we never thought we would make it to Denver! But...we did and it was entirely worth it to not stop again and just come straight here. We knew that our rental would not be ready until Saturday so we had a suite booked for the week. We just decided to treat it like a vacation and enjoy :)
Tuesday...we went to Cheyenne to look at our rental (yes, we had never laid eyes on it) and get a PO Box and change our bank accounts (there are no trust-marks or bank pluses here ha!) Being in Cheyenne I got really confused (confusion is not from God by the way). I couldn't wrap my mind around why God had placed us in this town and not closer to Loveland where the church is (about 45 miles away). Later that day, we had lunch with the Pastor and just talking to him about us being in Cheyenne, God spoke to me...like a ton of bricks it hit me.
First, God put us in Cheyenne-ok, I got that part.
Second, Everywhere God puts us is for a reason-got it!
Third, God got very personal with me...Candace, this is not about "bringing people to church" this is about "bringing people to ME" yeah, I know I am pretty spiritually immature. It was like I was consumed with thinking about getting people to church...and although that IS important that is NOT the goal. The goal is to live here, in this place, and live for Christ. To proclaim His Name and the gospel of our salvation. To preach the Good News. To live out my faith in my everyday life.
My practical instructions:
1. Do what we normally do-go to story time at the local library, swim class, local park, etc.
2. Take time to notice...people.
3. Take time to listen and talk, get to know others.
4. build relationships.
Anyone "back home" reading this will know that this will be a struggle for me but God, says thats OK because His Glory shines through the weak and I am very weak in these areas so I need every ounce of HIM to do what He has called me to do and I know that HE is faithful and He will supply all my needs according to HIS riches in Christ.
Please pray for us to be faithful with what God has called us to.
Please pray that our feelings would not dictate our attitudes. Feelings of being "home-sick", "inadequacy", blah blah blah...I could go on and on. Pray that our faith would over rule all of these feelings and God's peace and joy and contentment would fill us up to overflowing.
Wednesday...we visited Estes Park...one of my favorite places to be! We went ahead and bought our annual pass to Rocky Mountain National Park...THE most beautiful place I have ever laid my eyes on. Talk about a great place to connect with God! We had lunch in Estes and shopped at the local shops there. We even saw an Elk on the side of the road (actually 3 elk) and Walker said "Dog"...every animal is a dog to him...but he loved it.
Yesterday and Today we have been resting. Walker has really been catching up on his sleep so that has been nice. Today, I actually had time to do my quiet time and send emails and of course write this up date for y'all. I am so thankful for this downtime because tomorrow is MOVE IN day. Please pray that no one gets hurt and we will settle in and be content in our new temporary home.
Love to all,
Candace :)
No comments:
Post a Comment