A few months after Walker was born we went to a class that our church had for Dads and Moms who were wanting to participate in Family Dedication- a ceremony that our church had where Parents committed to raise our children in a godly home and seek the Lord to train them up. The class was led by a very godly man and wife in our church. This man is very special to us actually we consider him our spiritual dad because he walked us through some marriage "hiccups" and really pointed us to the Word where he pointed out what godly families look like and challenged us to "live each day as if it were our last" raising up a godly generation and inheritance. In this time is when God made the promise in Deut. 5:10 "showing lovingkindness to a thousand generations to those who love me and keep my commands." Anyway, I was all ears to hear the wisdom that he and his wife would pour out to us especially since they had 3 boys of their own! One thing that really stuck with me that day was his wife saying that she prays this scripture over her boys and today as I read it I was also prompted to pray it over mine.
"For this reason, I bow my knees before, You, Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that You would grant Walker, according to the riches of your glory, to be strengthened with power through Your Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in his heart through faith; and that he, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and the length and the height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that he may be filled up to all the fullness of God.To You be the glory in the church, (in our home) and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen."(prayer taken from Ephesians 3)*This is such a powerful prayer to pray over Walker and like this wise woman I think I will walk in her footsteps praying it over my boy too!
No comments:
Post a Comment