A little bit back to normal around here...
Last Saturday we went to get our Christmas tree. This was the first REAL Christmas tree that I have ever had and of course Walker, too so I was very excited to share this experience with him and the hubs. We went to a tree farm in Greeley, CO which is about 45 minutes southeast. It started to snow a little bit before we left Cheyenne so when we returned the ground was white! Now that's my kind of tree cutting day! We took a hayride and cut down our tree then while they "shook it out" for us we walked around their little gift shop. They were the sweetest people and they had hot apple cider and coffee and free cookies. We got our little tree home and decorated and wa-la! Here it is...
And here is a picture of us on the hayride
Sunday the temperature dropped down to 8 degree with wind chill values in the negative numbers. My definition of cold has definitely been re-defined!
This week we checked out story-time in Wellington, CO which is about 20 minutes south of us. We are praying about making our home in this small town. When we were here in August, visiting, we rode through many towns here and one of the towns that we felt like was "home" was Wellington. It is a very small town. Very country and cozy. We are both from small towns so we felt this would be a great place to raise our family. It's only about 10 miles from the shopping and "high life" in Fort Collins so that will work for me :) So anyway, please pray that we will be exactly where God wants us!
Story time was very sweet and cozy. The library is very small and we had story time in front of a big fire place while the lady read Christmas stories...aahhh right up my alley! After the stories we did a craft...we made paper stockings...Walker colored his and stuck some stickers on it and he was done! He is more into physical activity than art...ha! He would rather chase his other 2 year old friend around the book shelves! Speaking of that 2 year old friend...I got to talk and meet a new friend in that town. I'm really enjoying meeting all these new faces :) here is a picture of his stocking that I we made (and since he is asleep right now I will show you...sorry for the scary face with no make-up!)
Wednesday, went back to story time at Cheyenne. That place, I promise you, is Walker's FAVORITE place! He, again, had no interest in story time he just wanted to play. This week however I sat down next to this mom who immediately began to talk to me. We began talking about our babies but then she asked if had found a MOPS group. I explained that I have never been a part of MOPS because I had a Bible Study (which I loved! a little shout out to my Bible Study girls at Pinelake!! Love y'all!) But anyway her group is having a Christmas tea party this Wednesday so I think I will go and check it out and meet some more mommies! Its at a Church in Cheyenne. The Church seems a lot like Pinelake but we aren't really looking for a church...we LOVE Elevation! But you know I am praying that we will be open to whatever God has for us here. God is bigger than churches and groups so I am just praying that we will be obedient to HIM above all else. Please pray that we will because that is our heart's desire. So anyway I will update you about how this goes...please pray for that too! I really feel like God put this woman in my path because I had actually prayed for her...that God would send us godly friends.
Today we started back in the gym and oh how my pants are thanking me. With all the madness lately, we have ate more fast food than I ever wanted to and have been sooooo lazy...I think those 2 go hand in hand. I walked about 2 miles on the treadmill and called it quits...elevation change + out of shape is NOT a good mix. I seriously thought my legs would collapse when I got off the treadmill but I am hopeful and I will keep you updated. Since Walker has been born I have struggled with getting into a productive workout routine + a good diet so please pray that I will. I seem to be more successful when we have a gym membership and that's something we have not had in a long time because of our decision for me to stay home. So anyway that is a week in our life...it's been pretty quiet and we like it that way! Please continue to pray for us. Relocating right before Christmas makes for a crazy little life but we are trying to give this time some grace and hope for the beginning of 2013 to bring some rest and settling in but until then just pray that we will enjoy this crazy ride we are on. We absolutely LOVE this area and feel very content that this is the place that God wants us. Our apartment is small but my God can make any heart content and that's what He has done with mine...it's a work only HE can do! I mean our landlord replaced our front door the other day and I was thrilled! That's contentment y'all! when you get excited over a new front door! So anyway here are a few pics of our Christmas decor around a cozy little temporary home...
the new table
I tell you...when if the Lord gives us another house I will be very grateful. You should all be very thankful for everything you have because it is all from the LORDs hand and one day He may ask you to give it up and follow Him and I stand to testify there is no greater joy than to follow Him. Joy that no house nor any other material possession can bring...only He can give that kind of Joy. Not that I do not struggle but I ask myself this question (that actually my husband asked me that felt like someone punched me in the stomach) "if the Lord keeps us in this apartment forever...will you still LOVE Him?? W asked me that and I was speechless so I did some heart evaluation and EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. I have to ask that question and I soberly, say Yes I will...I will still Love Him, He will still be my God...because I know one thing He has promised me is an heir to His kingdom with all the riches of Heaven and for this sinner, for this girl right here, who is so undeserving of that kind of treatment, I am forever grateful that He would even consider me, look on me, send His own Son to die for me, and promise me LIFE with Him forever! I will have to ask myself again tomorrow but for today I can surely say...I WILL STILL LOVE HIM!
Love you all!





No comments:
Post a Comment