Sunday, June 9, 2013

Favorite Quote



Day 4: Favorite quote and why I love it-

“If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.”
― C.S. Lewis

I didn't have to think very long on this one today. This is one of my favorite quotes. I don't know a lot of quotes but I love this one. Probably because I have known it to be so true. Great words of wisdom. I know that before I finally hit my knees one day and surrendered my all to Jesus I tried to find contentment and joy and peace and________ whatever else in this world. I made good money from a career that I worked so hard for so I spent it recklessly trying to rack up on worldly goods to make me "happy", I looked to my husband and other people along the way to fill my God sized "love hole", I got affirmation from what was "right" by my life experience or the first person that I could get on the phone at the time. Finally, one day I found that attaining the world, I was left hungry and unsatisfied, miserable and dark. When I became a christian- a fully surrendered follower of Christ I came across this quote. I can't be satisfied with earthly things because I wasn't made for this world. I was made for Heaven. I am a citizen of Heaven and the only thing that satisfied me now is trusting and following Him.
Well, today is moving day so it is now 5:40 am and I have to get moving...literally!

Love to you all!
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment