Sunday, June 9, 2013

Life Lately


So I know that it has been a couple of weeks since I updated this blog. It has been really crazy around here the last few weeks that honestly when I get a free moment I just want to indulge in anything that requires absolutely NO thinking! So anyway here is an update on what's happening around our little place and some prayer requests:
  • We have had our turn with sickness: Hubby was sick at his stomach for 3 days then I got the full blown stomach virus throwing up for a day and no appetite for a few days...Praise God Walker never got the stomach bug...
  • But...one day he woke up from his nap SCREAMING! He never does that! I instantly knew something was bothering him. When I was changing his diaper he was just holding his left ear and screaming so I immediately took him to the Doctor and poor thing had an ear infection that popped up out of nowhere!
  • We had an appointment today for a follow up but he started coughing last night and has been SOOO cranky the last couple of days but his ears were clear today but he does have a head cold and fever so we are giving zyrtec and a teaspoon of honey before bed.
  • I had my first in-home Thirty-One party and it turned out great! and I have another Tomorrow night and another coming up in April so I'm excited!
  • The hubby left last Thursday for Pensacola to his sister's wedding...we just couldn't go because it was entirely too expensive and being in the middle of an ear infection it would have been miserable for Walker so it worked out good. I was not even scared here by myself but I could not wait for him to get back home Saturday!
  • We had a blizzard the other day and I got caught in it. I came out of the gym to huge snow flakes and I still had to go to the bank...it's still weird to me that people actually go on with life even in big time snow!
IMG_1948
  • After much prayer and begging God for wisdom we have decided to stay in Cheyenne. We have a heart for this place (and I can't believe I'm writing this today because today I am terribly home-sick) but we really do. We have met a lot of people here and this small town life really suits us. With that said, it is a hard commute to Loveland on Sunday mornings especially with the snow and wind. We are still going to Elevation on Sunday mornings and Element on Sunday nights though but we are going to connected in groups here because it's just too hard to get connected 55 miles away and God put us in Cheyenne for a reason.
  • With that said, I have found a small Bible Study (most of the women being from Element Church) and I really feel like that's where I need to be right now. I Love God's word and I Love being in it with other women. So I'm really excited about this new group.
  • W is going to start going to the men's breakfast there too. We would love to join a couples group but that's just not possible right now with his new schedule because they all meet during the week during my hubby's working hours.
  • W started his new shift! We are experiencing somewhat of a relief. That night shift life was terrible while it lasted and we are glad to see that season go! goodbye night shift...don't EVER come back!
  • We put our first offer in on a house here...
IMG_1933
isn't she a beauty! We were so excited because it was in our price range because it was a foreclosure AND it was a foreclosure in decent shape. We put in our offer and HUD countered our offer then a plumbing issue came up along with it needing a new roof, carpet, and a master bathroom re-do and basically this house would have cost us more money and put our budget in the red and that is just unacceptable! This house was everything we were looking for and we were devastated to walk away from it and you better believe I cried like a baby and then wanted to go back to MS (yeah I'm a 2 year old!) but really, the houses are more expensive here and already being on one income and a strict budget it is very discouraging that we will not be able to find a house that suits our family's needs BUT again we are called to trust and have patience (wait without complaining) and that's super hard! I still do not feel like I should even think about going back to work so we just sit and let God do what He does (very well I might add) PROVIDE!
  • Walker loves to sit on the dishwasher now...oh yeah and wears his hat inside!
IMG_1939
  • he is talking up a storm...mostly words we struggle to understand but he knows!
  • We have started a pre-homeschool curriculum called ABC Jesus Loves me! It's free and has lesson plans and activities to go along with the lesson of the week.  I am thinking about home schooling so this is giving us both a taste of what it may be like...all I know is it takes a lot of self control and self discipline on both our parts!
  • I had my first trip down a one-way street going the WRONG way!
  • Walker had his first dentist appointment and it went really well. He didn't have any cavities and we were told that we needed to floss his teeth every night before bed. I was a little nervous about what that would look like but he actually loves it! I bought a big bag of the kid flossers and I let him pick his color every night and just like I do with brushing his teeth; I let him have his turn and then it's my turn.
Well that is all I can think of right now and I am SURE I forgot something but oh well!
Please pray for us:
  • to find a home that suits our family's needs....3 bedroom 2 bath and a backyard...that fits nicely into our budget.
  • to have patience, self-control, and just a godly attitude as we live (hopefully) just another 2 1/2 months in this apartment.
  • to continue to grow in the Word
  • to have much wisdom and discernment about exactly where God wants us and what He wants us to do here. Opportunities to share our story, our testimony and our faith.
  • against discouragement and "home-sick"
Love to you all,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment