After being stuck in the house all week last week we determined that this week we would try to stay outside as much as possible! We have beautiful weather now and it's just going to get warmer the rest of the week and full sunshine and we like that! We spent yesterday morning packing because we close in 1 week! Please pray that everything will be ready! It should be but I'm always a little nervous until we actually sign on the dotted line...you know? After it warmed up yesterday afternoon we decided to visit our favorite park here. I love it because it is just beautiful and so peaceful walking around the big lake. Walker loves seeing the ducks and playing on the playground. It also has a botanical garden center that's free and my husband likes to walk around and read what all the trees are...boring to me but totally up his alley!
My munchkin decided he didn't want a nap yesterday but before we got to the park he was asleep...it's only 2 miles from our house! He woke up and stayed awake about half way into our walk and then he fell asleep. I just savored the quietness. Then, I decided to check out the Old West Museum. This town is known for the Largest Outdoor Rodeo called Cheyenne Frontier Days so I wanted to check out the museum to learn a little more. Walker was asleep so I was just able to do my own thing and get a few pictures for you...
my no-nap walking buddy sacked out!
the Park:
If you know about Rodeo or have seen the movie 8 Seconds, this will make sense to you.
Statue dedicated to Lane Frost who died at the CFD Rodeo.
Boot statues are everywhere in this town and they each have a different theme:
Stagecoaches:
Chris Ledeux: I grew up listening to his music
It was really interesting to see all this and it really got me excited for the Cheyenne Frontier Days coming in July!














No comments:
Post a Comment