Sunday, June 9, 2013

Pajama Day


You know those morning when you get out of bed and you feel like you left your head on the pillow? (ok so maybe that's just me and my weirdness) but anyway that is how I felt this morning. I stumbled my way to the couch where my sweet hubby greeted me with a cup of coffee. It was 530 am but we needed THIS time...OUR time. We needed to be in the Word together and it has been a couple of days since we have. This time HAS to be prioritized! After that time, I still felt weak and cold so I felt like I needed to get a hot bath...Yes, a hot bath is the answer! I am a firm believer that a hot bath detoxes your body like nothing else and when I feel under the weather, a hot bath most always makes me feel better. I find myself bathing Walker when he is sick and it always seems to help! So anyway, my natural remedy did work. I still felt a little weak and dizzy kinda feeling but better none the less. I decided to take a short nap before Walker woke up because this was one of those "I don't know how I will make it through today with an almost 2 year old". I took a short nap and he ended up sleeping until 8:15 and for my early bird child that is late! So, I pulled some snicker-doodle bread out of the freezer that i made the other day and we ate breakfast.
So i declare today...pajama and movie day! I'm sure that veggie tales will blast out of my TV most of the day but for now it's Heartland...what?  you have never heard of Heartland? well you are not the only one because it's actually a canadian TV series that I fell in love with when it came on a cable channel (when we had cable). My sweet mom bought me all 4 seasons! I'm sure we will also put in some Christmas movies too because Walker actually does like to watch my love story, Christmas movies.
These are the days that I feel so thankful that God called me to stay home. Sometimes I think that He just knew that I could NOT handle the demands and multi-tasking that you, full and even part time moms have to do...my brain would just go in to overload!
And by the way, I am feeling MUCH better! I think it's just a mix of exhaustion from moving across country and living about 5500 feet MORE above sea level (post coming soon about adapting to elevation changes...it literally wears you out!)
So...from our couch to yours...Happy Thursday!
Love,
Me and my munchkin

No comments:

Post a Comment